The collection of the Kunstmuseum Moritzburg Halle (Saale) has been home to six of the nine well-known watercolor works of the Bauhaus master Wassily Kandinsky for cups and plates since the 1920s. The designs were created during Kandinsky's time in Russia as part of his ties to the Porcelain Manufactory Meissen in St. Petersburg. They represent something special in the artist's oeuvre as there are no further works by him known in the field of applied art. In 1922, Kandinsky took the designs to Germany, where he re-signed them with Latin letters. Immediately after his return he presented a painted cup at the First Russian Art Exhibition in Berlin in autumn 1922. At the Center Georges Pompidou Paris, the estate and personal belongings of the artist have been used to preserve a cup and saucer bearing the mark of the crossed blue Meissen swords. This leads to the assumption that Kandinsky intended to present his designs in Germany with the Meissen porcelain manufactory implement. Because of this cup and on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Bauhaus, MEISSEN and the "Kulturstiftung Sachsen-Anhalt Moritzburg Art Museum Halle (Saale)" launched six designs of the Bauhaus master, preserved in the museum's collection, realized in a high-quality edition for the first time 100 years after their creation.